The Italian Course is taught using a number of resources. Starting with the Italian To Go Complete Travel e-Course.
- The Italian course is taught using the Fra Amici and Italian To Go downloadable e-Courses, with accompanying Audio mp3s, in carefully graded resources from Beginner level through to Advanced level, with help from Juliana’s “Learn Italian At Your Own Pace Guide”.
- The Italian course is taught by focusing on both conversation on everyday language themes and practical travel scenarios at Beginner level, which is an ideal combination for travelers and students alike.
- The Beginners Italian course gives you audio and text travel scenarios that teach you the authentic phrases that Italians themselves use when they are in travel scenarios and some everyday situations, such as going to a restaurant or going shopping.
- The Italian course covers all the key travel scenarios that you need for a trip to Italy: Essential Everyday Language, Food and Drinks, Accommodation, Shopping, Transport, Sightseeing, Health and Pharmacy.
- The Italian Course is taught in carefully graded, easy-to-understand sections, with each section building on your knowledge from previous sections, and all travel material is color-coded for ease of use while you are learning and traveling.
- The sections covered in the Beginners Italian course are as follows:
- Essential Everyday Language – pronunciation, meeting people, making friends, numbers and money, emergency expressions. With conversation practice focusing on new friends, family, work and holiday scenarios.
- Food and Drinks – Coffee bars, restaurants, buying our own food and understanding Italian menus and ingredients. There is also an Italian e-Menu Guide that helps you to understand Italian menus when you go to authentic, local restaurants where the Italians go, and where the menu is only in Italian. Here you can enjoy delicious, authentic, regional dishes – just like the Italians do.
- Accommodation – Hotels, bed and breakfast, air b and b, internet access and likely requests you may have about your accommodation.
- Shopping – purchasing clothes, shoes, memory cards, phone recharge cards, pharmacy items, toiletries, and gifts.
- Transport topics – traveling, airports, trains, buses and coaches, car and bike hire, ferries and using taxis.
- Sightseeing – tours, finding your way around, street directions, visiting an Italian town, theatre, sports and shows.
- The Italian To Go Complete Travel e-Course gives you a solid foundation in the practical travel scenarios.
- You can use the Fra Amici Italian 1 - Beginners e-Course to broaden your understanding of Italian as you learn to carry on real conversations in Italian.
- In the Fra Amici Italian 1 – Beginners, Fra Amici Italian 2 – Beginners-Intermediate, and Fra Amici Italian 3 – Intermediate e-Courses, you learn with enjoyable, lively dialogues, in Audio mp3s and texts, including vocabulary and “New Expressions,” that form the basis of conversational and other communication learning activities, with related grammar modules to help you to understand the language through clear, color-coded charts, plus photos and authentic documents to help you to experience Italian life and culture. You can use the dialogues as models for your own conversation.
- To help you learn Italian easily and fast, there are many language-learning conversational activities and games that you can carry out, either with another student, or by pretending to be two people carrying on a conversation. You can use the dialogues and interviews with Italian native speakers as models for your own conversation. You can progress from structured communication activities to free conversation.
- There are clear grammatical explanations and color-coded tables that show you how the Italian language is structured.
- There are multiple examples of grammar points and numerous worksheets. The more you practice doing the worksheets, the more easily the grammatical structures will come to you when you want to use them in conversation.
- In the Fra Amici Italian 4 – Intermediate-Advanced and Fra Amici Italian 5 – Advanced e-Courses, you learn with interesting interviews with Italian native speakers, in Audio mp3s and texts, that form the basis of conversational and other communication learning activities, with related grammar modules to help you to understand the language through clear, color-coded charts, plus photos and authentic documents to help you to experience Italian life and culture. You can use the interviews with Italian native speakers as models for your own conversation.
- In addition to conversational practice, the Italian course uses other activities to help you learn the language quickly. There are crossword puzzles and other language games, maps and photos of Italy, vocabulary, recipes and authentic documents (receipts, tickets, advertisements, etc.), showing you aspects of life in Italy - to help you have fun while you are learning Italian.
- The Italian courses are easy to understand, with the English version of new Italian phrases given in the “New Expressions” sections.
- Italian grammar is taught in stages in each Coursebook, where the grammar topics are based on two practical, supportive grammar courses.
- You start off with Presto - Conversational Italian e-Grammar Guide - Just the Essential Grammar you need for Everyday Conversational Italian. Presto gets you speaking Italian quickly, with just the right amount of grammar behind you, to carry on most conversations in everyday Italian. The Presto grammar modules are inserted into the Fra Amici Italian 1 – Beginners, Fra Amici Italian 2 – Beginners-Intermediate, and Fra Amici Italian 3 – Intermediate e-Courses, just where you need to understand how the Italian language works.
- Once you have learned to handle the essential grammar structures in Presto, you can broaden and expand your knowledge and understanding of the Italian language and your ability to converse more confidently in Italian at a higher level, by studying the Capisco Grammar Modules in the Fra Amici Italian 4 – Intermediate-Advanced and Fra Amici Italian 5 – Advanced e-Courses. The carefully graded Presto and Capisco Grammar Modules offer you a comprehensive Italian grammar course that you can dip into whenever you like, making use of the multiple examples of grammar points and numerous worksheets to help you in your quest to become a fluent second-language speaker of Italian.